Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Ford interviews with Providence

Perhaps this is why Travis Ford turned down the chance to go to Louisiana State?
UMass coach Travis Ford, one day removed from issuing a statement that he wasn't interested in LSU, was on campus at Providence interviewing for the open job Wednesday, UMass confirmed.

Ford played for Rick Pitino at Kentucky. Pitino was a former Providence coach.

Ford led UMass to the NIT title game, losing to Ohio State. Ford wanted to make it clear that he wasn't going to LSU in the statement issued by the school, but it didn't say he was not going to look at other jobs.

"I would like to make clear that I do not want to be considered for the head job at LSU," he said. "There has been a lot of misinformation circulating about me and the job at LSU. I feel that it is necessary to state that I do not want to be considered for the job.

No comments: