Thursday, February 03, 2005

Forgive me

Some of you on the left will hate me for this, some of you on the right will love me for this but I'm gonna drag this blog where it once was: the center. [turns the knob from liberal to moderate to liberal] There we go.

Anyway, from now on when I link to political stories, I will link to it with the setup and then I'll deliver the punchline. The same goes for entertainment news.

I hope you understand and continue to come back day after day--but not alone on a hill with a foolish grin...standing perfectly still (that's Paul McCartney for ya!)

So you know the auditions I talked about earlier? I was gonna sing Paul McCartney's Freedom and dedicate it to every American, red and blue, anti-war and pro-war, especially to those serving overseas. The good news is, well, let's skip the good news and go straight to the bad...auditions went negative.

The DNC election for chair is coming up soon. Or as I call it, Dean's National Coronation. He insists on being called SuperDean and wants the DNC changed to Dean's National Comrades. That's just the least of it...he's renaming Democracy for America to Democracy for Anna Nicole Smith and Michael Jackson!

The news gets bad each day for Michael Jackson. The networks are overhyping the trial. Donald Trump's behind a new reality show for the matter: Michael Molested Who?.

Cher is finally calling it quits this April. Did I miss something here? I thought she was calling it quits four years ago. But will she ever quit?

Baseball great Yogi Berra is suing TBS for using his name in Sex and the City advertising. I'll sue just to get that image out of my head!

Citizens United is taking on the Hollywood liberals at the Oscars this month. They say that they raised Bush's profile. Now why is it only the Hollywood conservatives get elected?

Owen Wilson told the press he is not an alcoholic. Afterwards, he drover over to Cheers and sat next to Norm just drinking away.

Jennifer Aniston is turning to her girlfriends after her break up from Brad Pitt. It's for a new sitcom, Friends forgetting the Sex in the City

Here's some good news. Supermodel Petra Nemcova has finally been discharged from the hospital. She said she's never going to the beach after that fiasco.

The President gave his state of the union today. He's saying that the union is between a man and a woman. I couldn't resist that.

Anyway, what some Indiana Senators are saying:
"I would advise the President to give us an initiative that combines ownership and choice on the one hand, while maintaining the guarantee of Social Security on the other. If he does that I think there is an excellent opportunity to accomplish the revisions that need to take place to ensure retirement security for every senior in our country," said Bayh.[...]

"President Bush has laid out an important National and International agenda for congress and the American People. It will require down to earth block and tackle work here in Washington," said Lugar. "We will need to work very hard together to make progress."
I'll be back tomorrow after 10:30 AM.

No comments: