Monday, February 07, 2005

Roemer Drops Out

I know...I've been studying so I didn't report on this earlier.

Retired Indiana Congressman Tim Roemer has dropped out of the DNC race. He was blasted for being opposed to abortion rights. I think that his record was distorted.
Roemer said he hoped to make the party more inclusive, especially on the issue of abortion. He opposes abortion except in cases of rape, incest and the health of the mother.
Well, I think I just lost all chances I have to run for President. If Roemer was blasted for believing in "safe, legal, and rare," I guess I will be too.

[UPDATE AND PLEASE READ BEFORE JUDGING OTHERS:
This is definitely the most divisive issue in the Democratic and Republican Parties.
I consider myself to be pro-choice.
I am against the overturning of Roe v. Wade.
Like President Clinton, I take the "safe, legal, and rare" stance.
However, abortion should be a non-issue if candidates and parties talked about the other issues, the real issues, rather than the PRIVACY RIGHTS given by a landmark court case in 1973.
Furthermore, it sounds like every time someone drops the A word, there seems to be a panic attack.
While I am personally opposed to abortion, I still believe in the woman's right of choice as I don't force my beliefs on others.

No comments: