Thursday, October 20, 2005

Afternoon roundup, the reason why Ukathletics.com is blocked by NKU

Well, I have found out that due to bandwidth reasons when students stream the audio online to listen to Kentucky football and basketball games that Northern Kentucky University decided to block UKAthletics.com altogether. This stinks in the fact that I can't preview the Wildcats based on information from the UK site. I have recieved this information from a source wishing to remain anonymous. I am a die-hard Cats fan, and if the university does not unblock the website, then they can forget me donating big money someday.

Senators Patrick Leahy and Arlen Specter have asked Harriet Miers to retake a take-home exam.
Please explain in greater detail exactly when, and under what circumstances, you were suspended from the D.C. Bar for non-payment of dues. Include any documentation, notices from the Bar, cancelled checks, or correspondence, which would help us understand the facts and circumstances of your suspension. Also inform the Committee whether, during the time of your suspension, you appeared in any courts in the District of Columbia.
Like father, like son. George pays tribute to classic journalism.

Jeff Gordon takes a look at off-season moves.
Resolve the rest of the rest of the rotation. If Matt Morris gets obscene free-agent contract offers, he’ll depart -– leaving Chris Carpenter, Mark Mulder, Jeff Suppan, Jason Marquis and Reyes/Wainwright in the rotation. I’d take that.

Should Morris sign a deal that allows him to finish his career here, then the Cards could deal Marquis to fill that outfield hole or allocate the Suppan dollars for relief help.

However it plays out, great starting pitching will be the team’s foundation next year.
I hope Morris will finish his career in the Cardinals. Matt Morris grew up a Cardinal.
For Matt Morris, the memories were quite personal, and just as poignant.

"I grew up here," the career Cardinal said. "I grew up playing ball here. My whole professional life has been here. It's going to be disappointing to see it down, with all the memories I had, the good times and bad and what I've learned throughout the years. But I think the change will be good for the city and the team and the organization. Next year is a new year."
Don't let Matt Morris leave the organization. Give him what he wants.

No comments: