Friday, October 28, 2005

Non-Fitznukah/Fitzmas thread

I guess the title makes sense for a day like this.

The latest on the student government controversy at the University of Kentucky. This issue has been very hot recently. For the sake of my friends at UK, I sincerely hope everything works out on this matter.

Jon Stewart's old apartment in New York finally has a new owner. Stewart and his family now live in the same building as Mike Piazza.

Coldplay's next single issued will be "Talk." One of Rob Thomas's influences will Seymour, Indiana native John Mellencamp. Chances are I will see Mellencamp play live in due time.

Cream has hung up for good, most likely. Unless it's an impromptu jam session, don't expece Eric Claption, Jack Bruce, and Ginger Baker to be performing together in the near future. The band, which released four albums in two years, has called it quits again. I will say, however, that they had the opportunity to reunite. I can't say that about my favorite band, The Beatles.

Rob Corddry will be in Syracuse on November 6, 2005.

Expect Brian Giles to join the St. Louis Cardinals. He rejected the San Diego Padres' three year offer of $21 million. He won't be able to talk with other teams until November 11th.

Did you want to know how Yoda made it to Dagobah? That's a deleted scene that will be on the DVD of Star Wars: Episode 3 -- Revenge of the Sith. But there still remains nothing of Yoda speaking with Qui-Gon! I will get this DVD most likely since I have the other 5 DVD's. Probably in December when I am home and then I can have me a nice long marathon of Star Wars films.

Take a look at how George Wendt's nephew, Jason Sudeikis, made it in comedy.

Kentucky rounds out the ESPN/USA Today top ten for basketball.

The World Series had the lowest ratings in years. But here comes the bad news for that: they were the highest rated program on each day.

No comments: