Friday, October 07, 2005

John Stanton resigns

The latest official from the Fletcher administration is John Stanton who was the Northern Kentucky LINK representative.

I've obtained the text of his resignation email and no press release has been put online yet.
Friends-

As many of you are aware, the Governor recently announced a re-structuring of his regional outreach and constituent services organization. For the past several weeks, I've been assisting with this process. The re-organization has also provided an appropriate moment to implement my decision to leave the Administration, which will be effective Friday, October 14th. After that date, Brianna Taylor will remain available to assist you and can be reached at (email address removed) or (phone number removed).

I am proud of the work the Northern Kentucky office has accomplished, with the help of many good people, over the past two years. We set out to provide open access to government for all residents and I believe we were successful in that effort.

During this time, I've come to know and respect a great number of good people who entered state government service because they care about the Commonwealth. I've likewise had the privilege of working with numerous folks throughout this region who have the best interests of their community at heart. For that, I'm very thankful.

Thanks, again, for your hospitality and assistance. I hope our paths cross again.

John M. Stanton
Regional Representative, Northern Kentucky
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
I, however, believe his resignation is due to the merit system scandal.

No comments: