Monday, October 24, 2005

Haloscan acting up

I've been made aware that Haloscan is acting up. If you get a blank page, it's not on you're side of the server, but theirs.

EDIT: 12:49 PM
Since I am now back in my room, I'm adding on to this post. Haloscan is still down. You can view comments but can't make any posts.

WKYT has something up on the Biden event this past weekend. So does WTVQ.

The Iraqi war was a mistake. Most of the Democratic Senators who voted for the war resolution have said this. Not Hillary Rodham Clinton. I say this for myself and not any organization that I belong to. If Clinton wants to even have a legit chance of surviving the primaries, she will have to say that the war was a mistake.

No organization or group is at the mercy of Jon Stewart.
"I realized afterwards that all I had to do to get rid of something that I didn't like was say so," Stewart said. "So. I'm about to abolish your chemistry department."[...]

He compared and contrasted the oppression of Jews and blacks, saying, "Blacks created Jazz. Jews complain too, we just never thought of putting it to music."

Stewart made it a point to interact with the students in the audience, in particular a group on the floor section at the 7 p.m. show who had made signs to show they were from his hometown. When the students yelled to him that they went to his high school, Stewart looked surprised.

"Lawrence High School? Thanks for shouting that at me," he said, sarcastically. "Wait, I could be your dad," he said after the students told him what year they graduated. "You were born in '86? That's the year I gave up cocaine."
Virginia Senator George Allen has indicated that there may be some resignations to follow from the Valerie Plame outing.
Asked yesterday about two figures who are considered central to Fitzgerald's inquiry -- Karl Rove, White House deputy chief of staff, and I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Cheney's chief of staff -- Allen said, "I think they will step down if they're indicted." But, he added during an appearance on NBC's Meet the Press, "Let's see what happens rather than get into all this speculation and so forth."
A poll shows Clinton leading the field. Why, oh G-d, why?!? It's only name recognition at this point but she is POLARIZING. I'm not a Democrat to bash other Democrats but I can't see myself supporting any ticket with Hillary on it. I'd be more likely to vote for Bill Clinton.

It appears that "Jenny Wren" will be Paul McCartney's new single.

No comments: