Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Busch Stadium: RIP 1966-2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I've had some great memories at Busch Stadium. I was there in 1996 and again in 2005. I will cherish those memories with all my heart and soul. As the song playing at Busch before the break, Busch Stadium will be in my heart.

It WAS the House that Jack built. I'm proud of our organization. I'm a die-hard fan of St. Louis and I always have been. We'll be back next year but the team needs to resign Matt Morris.

I'll never forget my last game at Busch on August 4, 2005. Even if it was in the nosebleed level. I'll never forget sitting in the press box at Rick Hummell's seat during the stadium tour. Or sitting in the same dugout that the Cardinals sit on.

Not just the last night for the Cards at Busch, but also for the Cardinals on KMOX. We'll never be able to get the radio feed again where I live unless we purchase gameday audio for the season--which I just might next season.

Time to listen to Phil Collins' "You'll Me in My Heart" before my eyes tear up some more.

No comments: