Sunday, January 09, 2005

Statement on Mel Gibson

Mel Gibson's movie just won and I am utterly depressed at that. Being a Jew, I did not bother seeing this movie. Not because I am Jewish, but because of statements made by Mel Gibson's father, Hutton Gibson:
Gibson, whose father, Hutton Gibson is a notorious Holocaust denier and who claims the the World Trade Center was destroyed by remote control and not by al Queda; that the Second Vatican Council was a Masonic plot backed by the Jews and that all popes going back to John XXIII have been illegitimate "anti-popes".

The article goes on much longer and is not refuted by either party. I believe in free speech, but not when it fosters hatred and gives our enemies ammunition to perpetuate the greatest crime of the century and the continued persecution of Jews.

Four 4000 years we have been blamed for every wrong in the world. We will not tolerate this additional insult.

I urge you to read the article and also forward this message to all people who you feel should know about this. I, for one will no longer pay my money to see Gibson's films, which support his continued racism. LINK. Another LINK
I do not offer my congratulations to Mr. Gibson. Instead, I will boycott his films.

No comments: