Monday, December 04, 2006

Richards/Stumbo or Henry/Stumbo?

Regarding some of the things mentioned in this post by Pol Watchers, I've heard similar things about Attorney General Greg Stumbo and him being a running mate on some other tickets. I personally doubt that Stumbo will run for governor and I also do not think that he will run for re-election after letting the governor off the way that he did.

The problem with Attorney General Greg Stumbo is his closeness with Lundergan. I've found myself repeating that statement time and time again. Just like in many prior elections, there are usually two factions of the party, sometimes three. I am in the good government wing and have made it perfectly aware on this blog in the past which faction of the party I am in.

Anyway, a source told me today of a rumor going around that they heard. If it's proven to be false, I will make a retraction post. The gist of the rumor is that House Speaker Jody Richards has possibly made a deal with Attorney General Greg Stumbo. The way I heard it is that if Richards is elected governor, he'll serve one term and than Stumbo would run for governor in the next election. Again, it's a rumor that's been going around but not blogged anywhere yet. While I do doubt that they made a deal, I would not be surprised to see Greg Stumbo on another ticket.

Speaking of Stumbo, I have also heard recently from a different source that former Lt. Governor Steve Henry met with Attorney General Greg Stumbo and agreed to run on a ticket. It's rumored at this point and seeing as how Steve Henry has had a hard time finding a running mate, I wouldn't be surprised to see this ticket actually develop and, given the baggage offered by both candidates, likely defeated in a primary campaign.

If I find out more, I'll blog it. If I'm proven wrong, I'll say so.

No comments: