Monday, January 29, 2007

Political Wire

Are you looking for coverage of national news in politics? The best site for that is none other than Political Wire. Frpm the quote of the day to the latest poll numbers, it's guaranteed to be up to date on the latest.

If it weren't for PoliticalWire.com, I doubt I would have known that Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling was considering a run for the Senate or that Schilling plans to endorse Senator John McCain for President.

Political Wire is run by Taegan Goddard, an author of You Won, Now What: How Americans Can Make Democracy Work from City Hall to the White House. Goddard's essays on politics and public policy have appeared in various newspapers.

While I don't usually like to tell people how to run their own blog, Taegan actually wants to get advice from bloggers. My suggestions would be to have some articles on the 2007 gubernatorial races since it will be big in states like Kentucky and Louisiana. Also, I would suggest adding a link to BluegrassReport.org, given how large it's become in the blogosphere, especially here in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Given that I'm a college student, I don't read the the paper edition of the newspaper unless I am at home and have it in front of me. I read the papers online daily, especially the Courier-Journal and the Herald Leader. However, blogs are starting to be the sources of the most recent breaking news--and that is what draws me to Political Wire each and every day: to read the most recent political news that have only recently broke but hasn't hit the news in other areas.

In addition, PoliticalWire.com has an aggregator of some of the top Democratic blogs out there.

No comments: