Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Edwards acknowledges 2004 inexperience

Other candidates running for president in 2008 should certainly take note of Sen. John Edwards' comments today to students at Wake Forest University.
The former North Carolina senator was serving his first and only Senate term four years ago when he declared himself a presidential candidate. During a forum at Wake Forest University on Monday, Edwards said he might agree with critics who said he left Congress too soon to seek the presidency.

"They may have been right," Edwards said, adding that the experience he has gained since the election has now prepared him for another run in 2008.

"When I ran in 2004, I spent most of my time thinking about being a good candidate," Edwards told a packed crowd spilling out of the 2,300-seat Wait Chapel. "These days I think about what I want to do as president of the United States."

No comments: