Friday, December 01, 2006

BREAKING NEWS: Senator Evan Bayh to form presidential exploratory committee

MSNBC reports the news and I've been told that Chris Matthews mentioned it on Hardball, which I would be watching if it were not for the cable being out on campus.
Indiana Sen. Evan Bayh, a Democrat with a record of political success in a Republican-leaning state, intends to take the first official step toward a 2008 presidential campaign early next week, officials said Friday.

Bayh’s plans include creation of a presidential exploratory committee, as well as appearances Monday in Iowa and next weekend in New Hampshire, two early states on the campaign calendar.

Bayh would be the second Democrat to take a formal step toward a presidential campaign. Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack is already in the race. Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York and Barack Obama of Illinois are among numerous other potential rivals who are expected to decide within a few weeks whether to run.
You should know by now that I have been one of the biggest supporters of the Senator and I have vigorously defended him within the blogosphere since 2004.

This was my first post in 2004 after the election in which I endorsed Evan Bayh for President.

Evan Bayh will be the next great president and I will be actively campaigning to help the Senator get the nomination.

No comments: