Friday, November 18, 2005

Good morning-a

It looks like it will be a cold weekend. As a side note, some of these photos on the sidebar may not be showing up for a few days until I decide whether or not to upgrade my photobucket account--since they have bandwidth limits. I'm not changing hosting for the photos. By upgrading, there would be no bandwidth limits.

Joni Jenkins will not be a candidate for KY-3. She will file for re-election to the state House.

Who had tickets to the Rolling Stones' concert and had to miss it? Tony LaRussa. He and General Manager Walt Jocketty are trying to obtain A.J. Burnett.

Why do we still have tax loopholes in the system? There is no reason for loopholes unless the Republicans prefer to play into the hands of their friends in big business.
The bill won't become law until differences are worked out with the House. The House version could come up for a vote by the end of this week or may be delayed until December.

The package does not include an extension of the 15 percent maximum tax rate on capital gains and dividends now set to expire at the end of 2008.

Senate Democrats, meanwhile, used Thursday's debate to force votes on taxing excess profits of oil firms and raising taxes for people making more than $1 million. Their amendments failed.
I believe it was the late Governor Happy Chandler who said that if you spend more than you take in, you'll go broke. I'm quite sure he did say that since Congressman Chandler mentioned it in his speech on the fiscal irresponsibility of the Congress.

Texas Republicans have no prohibited corporate PAC's from donating.

Linking to a conservative website only because it shows quotes about the prewar intelligence report.
To the same question, Sen. Joe Lieberman (D.-Conn.) said: "I’m not sure I did. I read a lot of intelligence information around that time, but I don’t know whether I formally read the NIE. I’d have to go back on that."
I'll be back later this afternoon.

No comments: