Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My two cents

With regards to what Dr. Ted wrote today about Jack Conway and the decision, I would like to offer my two cents.
I don’t see Jack as a Congressman. I see him as more of a policy maker than a legislator. (He is sooooooooo bright when it comes to policy matters.) I see him running for Lt Governor in 07, and taking a lead role in the new administration’s economic development. I see him one day being Governor of this great Commonwealth.
I have to say that I think Jack Conway would make a better policy maker as well. After all, it was Jack Conway that helped author the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997. I would like to see him on the ticket in 2007, especially as Lt. Governor.

I congratulate Jack on his upcoming marriage and I know that having jury trials scheduled during the campaign would get in the way so I admire Conway for that.

I will campaign hard for whoever is nominated by the Democratic party in the 3rd Congressional District.

I'll be one of the first to publically admit that I am liking the idea of a Chandler/Conway ticket or even Miller/Conway. It helps that Conway has roots in Western Kentucky as his father was born in Union County.

No comments: